Cravings come calling no matter the season or weather. I mean just imagine devouring a refreshing apple cider drink and allowing your taste buds to revisit the delicious flavor of freshly picked apples. If you get what I’m saying, then it’s time to discover the best apple cider K-cups.
When it comes to preparing this particular beverage, the process of pressing the fruit is an arduous one. The thing about apple cider is that it’s a difficult-to-craft refreshment. So it’s great news to know that K-cups have made the task easier by providing on-demand fresh apple cider.
Table Of Contents
- The Best Apple Cider K-Cups to Buy in 2019
- Green Mountain Hot Apple Cider Single Serve Capsules
- Grove Square Cider Caramel Apple Single Serve Cups
- Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Free Instant Drink Mix
- Copper Moon Cinnamon Spiced Apple Cider Single Serve Pods
- Twisted Pine Hot Apple Cider Single-Serve Cups
- Barrie House Hot Apple Cider Single Cup Capsules
- Fireside Cider Variety Pack Single-Cup Cider
- Apple Cider K Cups Calories
- Does Apple Cider Contain Caffeine?
- Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Cleaning the Coffee Maker?
- How to Descale Keurig Coffee Maker Using Apple Cider Vinegar?
- The EndNote
The Best Apple Cider K-Cups to Buy in 2019
Green Mountain Hot Apple Cider Single Serve Capsules
Green Mountain Apple Cider K Cups nutrition consists of dried apples, brown sugar, natural flavors, sugar, and malic acid. As for Green Mountain Apple Cider calories, you get 80 calories per serving. Much like almost every other apple cider K-cup!
The refreshing beverage is prepared using farmer’s market quality real apples. The flavor unquestionably is incredibly comforting with delicious hints of cinnamon and brown sugar. And the best part is that you can use these K-cups with just about any Keurig brewing system. Even the more recent 2.0 models!
There aren’t any artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors included in here. The fruit flavor is quite straightforward and the single-cup is convenient to work with. You can prepare a big, full mug with total flavor retention.
- Real apple flavor with mellow cinnamon and other spices.
- K-cups are easy and quick to use.
- No chemical sweeteners and artificial ingredients.
- The expiration date is nonexistent.
- The flavor is more mild than overpowering.
Grove Square Cider Caramel Apple Single Serve Cups
Let me begin by stating that the manufacturer here offers 4 different apple cider flavors. The one I’m reviewing is Caramel Apple. The others include Caramel Apple Sugar Free, Spiced Apple, and a Variety Pack. So you can choose based on your personal preferences. However, in my opinion, this particular flavor is the most delicious.
Think of it like a classic carnival delight that combines the luscious sweetness of caramel and the fresh tanginess of apples into a single, convenient K-cup. One that is compatible with both the 2.0 and 1.0 brewers of Keurig.
Grove Square offers not only apple cider but also house specialty cappuccino and old-fashioned, rich cocoa. So the brand provides a convenient, delectable beverage for a variety of taste buds.
You just have to shake the cup, load it into your Keurig, and then choose the setting. Once the brewing stops, you can devour this Kosher-certified classic carnival treat hot or over ice. The choice is all yours!
- K-cups are convenient to use with Keurig and fit perfectly.
- The caramel notes are pleasantly pronounced.
- The apple cider flavor is very sweet, rich, and smooth.
- Some K-cups contain solid chunks instead of powder.
Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Free Instant Drink Mix
These aren’t Alpine Apple Cider K Cups, mind you. It’s an instant drink mix, meaning it comes in pouches. But this sugar-free apple cider beverage is a very popular ingredient for easy-to-prepare desserts, smoothies, cocktails, etc.
The delicious blend of apple and cinnamon flavors is without sugar. So that’s great news if you’re trying to cut down your daily calories. On top of that, it’s a caffeine-free drink infused with natural Vitamin C. So it does sound like a healthy treat at whatever time of the day or month of the year.
You can enjoy the apple cider cold in the summertime and hot on a chilly winter evening. It tastes refreshing no matter how you decide to drink it. That’s the beauty of this spiced apple flavor.
- The powder dissolves very quickly every single time.
- The spiced cider flavor is very calming.
- Perfect for a diet with low sugar.
- There’s a slight artificial sweetener aftertaste.
- It’s an instant mix, not a K-cup.
Copper Moon Cinnamon Spiced Apple Cider Single Serve Pods
Here’s presenting an artificially and naturally flavored apple cider drink. These K-cups by Copper Moon World Coffees work with all types of brewing systems. Even the Keurig 2.0!
The flavor of each apple cider single-serve instant cup is rich and wonderful, no doubt. After all, the manufacturer uses only high-quality ingredients. They understand very well the importance of relaxing and enjoying a truly satisfying beverage at whatever time of the day.
And it’s not only this cinnamon-spiced hot apple cider flavor that you might consider buying. Copper Moon coffee flavors are also very enticing. They use high-quality, 100% Arabica coffee beans. That are carefully roasted, perfectly ground, and thoughtfully packed. Some of the most popular coffee flavors are Chai Latte, Breakfast Blend, French Vanilla, El Salvador, and lots more.
- Rich, hot apple cider with hints of cinnamon.
- Each sip tastes full-bodied and delightful.
- Brewing the K-cups is extremely convenient.
- They contain artificial flavoring.
Twisted Pine Hot Apple Cider Single-Serve Cups
Being able to enjoy warm, sweet apple cider at any time of the day feels like a dream come true for those who simply can’t get enough of apple cider. These single-serve K-cups by Twisted Pine Coffee Roasters are compatible with all Keurig brewers, including 2.0.
The delightful aroma and taste of fresh, crisp apples with hints of spice do make up a tangy treat you can savor as per your convenience.
The packaging of the K-cups is very carefully done. They’re airtight containers that keep moisture, light, and oxygen out. And lock in only flavor and freshness. So expecting complete flavor retention is not an unreasonable demand.
There’s no artificial sweetener aftertaste either. The apple cider flavor is rich and spices are pleasantly light and absolutely delicious.
- Delightful flavor and aroma of fresh, crisp apples.
- K-cups lock in complete flavor and freshness.
- It tastes watery when you brew more than 6 ounces.
Barrie House Hot Apple Cider Single Cup Capsules
When apples are farm-fresh, the treat is nothing but comforting. And that’s the kind of experience you get with these hot apple cider K-cups manufactured by Barrie House. The flavor also consists of spicy undertones that complement the farm-fresh flavor of the apples.
The single-cup capsules are good to go with Keurig brewing machines. Both the 1.0 and 2.0 models. And you know what the best part is? These capsules are recyclable.
The ingredients included are apple powder, natural flavor, brown sugar, and malic acid. The ingredients are all-natural and all-real. So there are no additives or chemicals that you should be concerned about.
In all, you’ll appreciate the higher intensity of the apple flavor and the minimal intensity of the sweetness.
- K-cups made from recyclable materials.
- The taste is incredibly refreshing and not very sweet.
- Only natural ingredients are used.
- It’s a little on the watery side.
- Not too sweet.
Fireside Cider Variety Pack Single-Cup Cider
You’d think it’s impossible to squeeze all the delicious flavors of apple orchards into a single K-cup. But brands like Fireside Cider make it possible. Every single-brew capsule contains all the goodness of apple cider that you demand.
What I’m reviewing is a Variety Pack. It contains peach apple, caramel apple, baked apple, and apple pomegranate. And every K-cup is compatible with Keurig brewers, all of them. But if you wish to buy individual flavors, they’re available too.
The flavorful ciders are quite wonderful. And I’m sure your taste buds will agree too. My personal favorites are caramel apple and peach apple. They taste especially good. However, all four different flavors are strong enough and not watered down. So you’re in for a complete treat.
- The variety pack includes 4 different apple cider flavors.
- The blend of flavors and spices is very delightful.
- It tastes delicious both cold and hot.
- Water doesn’t run through the K-cups properly.
- Sediments settle at the bottom of the cup after brewing.
Apple Cider K Cups Calories
Many people would like to keep a check on how many calories they’re consuming on a daily basis. In my opinion, it’s a very good idea considering how such a habit encourages you to make better choices and eat smaller portions. As for the number of calories it’s healthy to consume daily, here’s an article on Medical News Today to help you with that.
Now let’s talk about how many calories does a single apple cider K-cup, on an average, contain. More often than not, per serving that is 22 grams gives you 80 calories. As for the nutritional value of this beverage, you get 20 grams of total carbohydrates. Out of which 16 grams come from the sugar content.
The sodium level is 10 milligrams. There’s no cholesterol, fat (both Saturated and Trans), protein, vitamins, potassium, iron, and calcium.
And here’s some additional piece of useful information. To burn 80 calories, you can walk for 22 minutes, run for 8 minutes, or cycle for 11 minutes.
Does Apple Cider Contain Caffeine?
If you believe that apples contain caffeine, don’t feel left out since this is a very common myth. The popular misconception stems from the very simple fact that apples contain sugar. An average-sized apple is packed with 13 grams of sugar. You can experience this same kind of energy boost from a cup of coffee. So now you understand the origin of the common myth.
But it’s quite obvious here that apples wake you up because of their high sugar levels. There’s no caffeine in them. They contain easily digestible fructose that elevates your blood sugar to provide your mind and body with the caffeine-like rush.
The only difference between caffeine and apples is that the latter gives you a healthy sugar rush. And not the jolt-like effect transpired by the former. So the answer to your question, do apple cider K-cups contain caffeine, is NO.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Cleaning the Coffee Maker?
Neglecting to clean your precious coffee maker is something you should avoid doing. The thing about coffee grime and bacteria is that they reduce the effectiveness of your machine. Mold and water impurities do get in the way of preparing a delicious, flavorful cup of coffee at home.
If you’re worried about the process being expensive or time-consuming, it’s nothing of the sort. When using a solution like apple cider vinegar, the task becomes very convenient. Apple cider vinegar is just as effective as white vinegar for cleaning your dirty coffee maker. Or as any other type of vinegar for disinfecting purposes!
Here are some tips you might want to keep in mind at the time of cleaning:
- If you haven’t cleaned your machine in a very long time, spend more time running apple cider vinegar through it. Meaning more brewing cycles as your coffee maker grows older.
- Did you know that regular white vinegar is a cheaper alternative to apple cider vinegar? So if budget is a priority, then you can opt for the former instead of the latter.
- When using hard water for cleaning, vinegar doesn’t do the job properly. Irrespective of the number of brew cycles! So at such times, you should go for a proper descaling solution instead. It’s more effective at breaking up those stubborn mineral deposits.
How to Descale Keurig Coffee Maker Using Apple Cider Vinegar?
Be it apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar, the process is pretty much the same.
- 1Wipe the coffee maker, including all of its reachable parts.
- 2Fill up the reservoir with a solution of vinegar (1-part) and water (1-part).
- 3Start the brewing cycle. Once it reaches midway, allow the solution to sit for at least 15-20 minutes. Then complete the cycle.
- 4Rinse the reservoir and repeat the brew cycle with a fresh solution of vinegar and water. You can repeat as many times as you like until you’re satisfied with the results.
- 5In the end, run a few brewing cycles only with water for getting rid of all the vinegar from your coffee maker.
Let me point out here that all types of vinegar are well-equipped for eliminating mineral deposits from the coffee machine. But if you want the best results, you should choose vinegar with a higher acid concentration.
And don’t worry if your dirty coffee maker requires a whole lot of the solution and multiple cleaning cycles for getting rid of all the mineral deposits. You can use dedicated descaling solutions as well if vinegar, no matter the kind, is not your first choice.
There’s no doubt you love your coffee maker, Keurig or not. And there’s no negating the fact that you also love apples. They are synonymous with just about any season of the year. And since K-cup manufacturers have simplified the task of squeezing fresh, delicious apple juice by introducing apple cider K-cups, it’s hard to look the other way.
The apple cider K-cups I’ve reviewed are certainly made using real apples. They don’t contain artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors. Just genuine apple goodness combined with some brown sugar and maybe even cinnamon. That’s a lot to look forward to from a single cup!