Note: Our comparison table only shows our top 3 picks. You can find the other recommendations within this article.
Cravings come calling no matter the season or weather, and thankfully, K-cups are there to satisfy these cravings whether for hot cocoa, various donut flavors, or even apple cider.
I mean, just imagine sipping a refreshing apple cider drink and allowing your taste buds to revisit the delicious flavor of freshly picked apples.
If you get what I’m saying, then it’s time to find out about the best apple cider K-cups.
The thing about apple cider is that it’s a difficult-to-craft refreshment. Even the process of squeezing apples alone might be enough reason to avoid preparing it.
So, it’s great news to know that K-cups have made the task easier by providing on-demand fresh apple cider.
Table Of Contents
- Our Reviews For The Best Apple Cider K-Cups
- #1 Green Mountain Naturals Hot Apple Cider Single Serve Capsules
- #2 Grove Square Cider Caramel Apple Single Serve Cups
- #3 Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Free Instant Drink Mix
- #4 Copper Moon Cinnamon Spiced Apple Cider Single Serve Pods
- #5 Barrie House Hot Apple Cider Single Cup Capsules
- Missing the Cut
- Apple Cider K Cups Calories
- Does Apple Cider Contain Caffeine?
- Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Cleaning the Coffee Maker?
- How to Descale Keurig Coffee Maker Using Apple Cider Vinegar?
- The End Note
- Related Posts
Our Reviews For The Best Apple Cider K-Cups
- Green Mountain Hot Apple Cider Single Serve Capsules
- Grove Square Cider Caramel Apple Single Serve Cups
- Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Free Instant Drink Mix
- Copper Moon Cinnamon Spiced Apple Cider Single Serve Pods
- Barrie House Hot Apple Cider Single Cup Capsules
#1 Green Mountain Naturals Hot Apple Cider Single Serve Capsules
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is a brand that produces the best examples of whatever they are trying their hands on. It can even be said that they are as prestigious as Starbucks or Twinings of London.
Their Apple Cider K Cups, which consist of dried apples, brown sugar, natural flavors, sugar, malic acid, and a touch of cinnamon, don’t disappoint either.
Apples used in the making of the cider are farmer’s market quality apples and their flavor is further enriched by the delicious hints of cinnamon and brown sugar.
Much like almost every other apple cider K-cup, you get 80 calories per serving with the Green Mountain.
Moreover, if you’re trying to be careful about what you consume, you’ll be happy to know that there aren’t any artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors included in it.
You can use these K-cups with just about any Keurig brewing system, including the 2.0 models.
The fruit brew is quite straightforward and the single cup is convenient to work with. You can prepare a big, full mug with total flavor retention.
- Real apple flavor with mellow cinnamon and other spices
- K-cups are easy and quick to use
- No chemical sweeteners and artificial ingredients
- The expiration date is nonexistent
- The flavor is more mild than overpowering
#2 Grove Square Cider Caramel Apple Single Serve Cups
Let me begin by stating that Grove Square offers four different apple cider flavors including Sugar-Free Caramel Apple, Spiced Apple, and a Variety Pack. I’m going to review the Caramel Apple option, but feel free to check out additional product information about the others and make a choice based on your personal preferences.
However, in my opinion, the Caramel Apple is the most delicious of the bunch.
Think of it like a classic carnival delight that combines the luscious sweetness of caramel and the fresh tanginess of apples but in Keurig single-serve K-cup pods compatible with both the 2.0 and 1.0 brewers.
Grove Square’s cider offers not only apple but also specialty cappuccino, rich cocoa, and stevia extract, stevia being a sweet herb native to Paraguay.
So, the brand provides a convenient, delectable beverage for a variety of taste buds. You just have to shake the cup, load it into your Keurig, and then choose the setting.
Once the brewing stops, you can devour this Kosher-certified classic carnival treat hot or over ice. The choice is all yours!
- K-cups are convenient to use with Keurig and fit perfectly
- The caramel notes are pleasantly pronounced
- The apple cider flavor is very sweet, rich, and smooth
- Some K-cups contain solid chunks instead of powder
#3 Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Free Instant Drink Mix
These aren’t Alpine Apple Cider K Cups, mind you. It’s an instant drink mix, meaning it comes in pouches.
However, this sugar-free apple cider beverage is a very popular ingredient for easy-to-prepare desserts, smoothies, and cocktails.
The delicious blend of apple and cinnamon flavors is without sugar. That’s great news if you’re trying to cut down your daily calories.
On top of that, it’s a caffeine-free drink infused with natural Vitamin C, meaning it’s a healthy treat for any time of the day or month of the year.
You can enjoy the apple cider cold in the summertime and hot on a chilly winter evening.
It’s refreshing no matter how you decide to drink it, and that’s the beauty of it.
- The powder dissolves very quickly every single time
- The spiced cider flavor is very calming
- Perfect for a diet with low sugar
- There’s a slight artificial sweetener aftertaste
- It’s an instant mix, not a K-cup
#4 Copper Moon Cinnamon Spiced Apple Cider Single Serve Pods
Copper Moon’s cider is an artificially and naturally flavored K-cup drink compatible with all types of brewing systems including the Keurig 2.0.
The flavor of each apple cider single-serve instant cup is rich and wonderful, no doubt. After all, the manufacturer uses only high-quality ingredients.
They understand very well the importance of relaxing and enjoying a truly satisfying beverage at whatever time of the day.
However, I should warn you that there are medium roast Arabica beans in their cider, and if you don’t want caffeine in what should be a relaxing drink, this might not be for you.
If you want to enjoy more caffeine, it’s not only this cinnamon-spiced hot apple cider flavor that you might consider buying. Their coffee flavors are also very enticing.
They use high-quality, 100% Arabica coffee beans, which are all medium roast, perfectly ground, and thoughtfully packed.
Some of their most popular coffee flavors are Chai Latte, Breakfast Blend, French Vanilla, and El Salvador.
- Rich, hot apple cider with hints of cinnamon
- Each sip tastes full-bodied and delightful
- Brewing the K-cups is extremely convenient
- They contain artificial flavoring
#5 Barrie House Hot Apple Cider Single Cup Capsules
When apples are farm-fresh, the treat is nothing but comforting. That’s the kind of experience you get with the hot apple cider K-cups manufactured by Barrie House.
The flavor also consists of spicy undertones that complement the farm-fresh flavor of the apples.
The single-cup capsules are good to go with all Keurig brewing machines. The capsules are recyclable.
The ingredients included are apple powder, natural flavor, brown sugar, and malic acid, which are all-natural. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about the presence of additives or chemicals which might upset your diet or health.
All in all, having consumed a cup of Barrie House, you’ll appreciate the higher intensity of the apple flavor, the minimal intensity of the sweetness, and the absence of artificial ingredients.
- K-cups made from recyclable materials
- The taste is incredibly refreshing and not very sweet
- Only natural ingredients are used
- It’s a little on the watery side
- Not too sweet
Missing the Cut
If you don’t mind a little bit of higher pricing compared to the items I’ve reviewed so far, then Motts Hot Apple Cider will be a perfect alternative to those for warming up on a cold evening. It has a full flavor and a rich apple and cinnamon aroma.
Apple Cider K Cups Calories
Many people would like to keep a check on how many calories they’re consuming on a daily basis.
In my opinion, it’s a very good idea considering how such a habit encourages you to make better choices and eat smaller portions.
As for the number of calories it’s healthy to consume daily, here’s an article on Medical News Today to help you.
Now let’s talk about how many calories a single apple cider K-cup on average contains. More often than not, 22 grams of it will give you 80 calories per serving.
As for the nutritional value, you’ll get 20 grams of total carbohydrates,16 grams of it coming from the sugar content.
The sodium level is 10 milligrams. There’s no cholesterol, no trans or saturated fat, protein, vitamins, potassium, iron, or calcium.
Does Apple Cider Contain Caffeine?
If you believe that apples contain caffeine, don’t feel left out since it’s a very common myth.
The popular misconception stems from the very simple fact that apples contain sugar. An average-sized apple is packed with 13 grams of sugar.
You can experience the same kind of energy boost from a cup of coffee. So, now you understand the origin of the common myth.
Yes, apples can help you wake up, but it’s because of their high sugar levels and not because there’s caffeine in them.
They contain easily digestible fructose that elevates your blood sugar to provide your mind and body with a caffeine-like rush.
The only difference between caffeine and apples is that the latter gives you a healthy sugar rush and not the jolt-like effect transpired by the former.
So, the answer to your question is NO, they don’t contain caffeine.
However, I should also note that some ciders like the Copper Moon I’ve reviewed above contain caffeine due to the use of Arabica beans in their production. Yet, even if a brand makes use of coffee content in their ciders, you can always find and purchase their decaf products.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Cleaning the Coffee Maker?
Neglecting to clean your precious coffee maker is something you should avoid doing.
The coffee grime and bacteria will eventually reduce the effectiveness of your machine, and mold and water impurities will get in the way of preparing a delicious, flavorful cup of coffee at home.
If you’re worried about the cleaning process being expensive or time-consuming, let me tell you that it’s nothing of the sort. By using a solution like apple cider vinegar, the task becomes very easy.
Apple cider vinegar is just as effective as white vinegar for cleaning your dirty coffee maker. Or as any other type of vinegar for disinfecting purposes!
Here are some tips you might want to keep in mind at the time of cleaning:
- If you haven’t cleaned your machine in a very long time, spend more time running apple cider vinegar through it. Meaning more brewing cycles as your coffee maker grows older.
- Did you know that regular white vinegar is a cheaper alternative to apple cider vinegar? If budget is a priority, then you can opt for the former instead of the latter.
- When using hard water for cleaning, vinegar doesn’t do the job properly, regardless of the number of brew cycles! So, at such times, you should go for a proper descaling solution instead. It’s more effective at breaking up those stubborn mineral deposits.
How to Descale Keurig Coffee Maker Using Apple Cider Vinegar?
Be it apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar, the process is pretty much the same.
- Wipe the coffee maker, including all of its reachable parts.
- Fill up the reservoir with a solution of vinegar (1-part) and water (1-part).
- Start the brewing cycle. Once it reaches midway, allow the solution to sit for at least 15-20 minutes. Then complete the cycle.
- Rinse the reservoir and repeat the brew cycle with a fresh solution of vinegar and water. You can repeat as many times as you like until you’re satisfied with the results.
- In the end, run a few brewing cycles only with water for getting rid of all the vinegar from your coffee maker.
Let me point out here that all types of vinegar are well-equipped for eliminating mineral deposits from the coffee machine.
But if you want the best results, you should choose a type of vinegar with a higher acid concentration.
And don’t worry if your dirty coffee maker requires a whole lot of the solution and multiple cleaning cycles for getting rid of all the mineral deposits.
You can use dedicated descaling solutions as well if vinegar is not your first choice.
The End Note
Apple is a fruit of all seasons, and there is no arguing against the delectability of an apple cider.
However, preparing fresh cider at home by squeezing apples and getting the ratio of ingredients right is not something everyone would or could do and many might resort to store-bought apple juice. But, you shouldn’t do that without trying our recommendations first.
Thankfully, there are Keurig machines and K-cup pods that can provide you with cider whenever and wherever you want without any hassle.
They might not taste as good as a cider made of freshly squeezed apples, but their rich flavors ensured by a variety of natural ingredients will easily compensate for that while satisfying your cravings.
Just genuine apple goodness combined with some brown sugar and maybe even cinnamon. That’s a lot to look forward to from a single cup!
January 17, 2019
Note: Our comparison table only shows our top 5 picks. You can find the other recommendations within this article. So, you decided to be a good …
April 29, 2019
A fresh and hot cup of cocoa is one of the best sweet treats at your disposal, apart from your trusty espresso, latte, and cappuccino. …
April 8, 2019
For a bold, complex, and flavorful caffeine fix, espresso is hard to beat! It is stronger than your ordinary coffee. Espresso, however, is hard to …