Note: Our comparison table only shows our top 5 picks. You can find the other recommendations within this article.
While it is convenient to buy pre-ground coffee and use it in making your caffeine fix, the flavor and aroma will not be as exceptional as against to grinding beans on your own and making your coffee fresh!
To do the latter, you need a coffee maker that already comes with a built-in grinder.
If you are searching for the best coffee maker with grinder for home or office, read on and we will let you know some of the top products to take into consideration, as well as short reviews of what they can offer.
Do not be overwhelmed with the plethora of the options available on the market.
Below, we will list down some of the top brands and models that can provide the best value for the money.
Table Of Contents
- Best Grind And Brew Coffee Makers Reviews
- #1 Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind and Brew Coffeemaker
- #2 Hamilton Beach 49980A 2-Way Coffee Maker
- #3 Cuisinart DGB-650BCGrind and Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
- #4 DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso
- #5 Cuisinart DGB-550BK Automatic Coffee Grinder
- #6 Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam with Conical Burr Grinder
- #7 Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker
- #8 Gourmia GCM4500 Coffee Maker with Built-in Grinder
- #9 Black and Decker CM500B Coffee Maker
- #10 KRUPS Grind & Brew Coffee Maker with Built-in Grinder
- Coffee Maker with Grinder: The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
- Types of Coffee Grinders
- Wrap Up
- Related Posts
Best Grind And Brew Coffee Makers Reviews
- Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind And Brew Coffeemaker
- Hamilton Beach 49980A 2-Way Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart DGB-650BCGrind And Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
- DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso
- Cuisinart DGB-550BK Automatic Coffee Grinder
- Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam With Conical Burr Grinder
- Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker
- Gourmia GCM4500 Coffee Maker With Built-In Grinder
- Black And Decker CM500B Coffee Maker
- KRUPS Grind & Brew Coffee Maker With Built-In Grinder
#1 Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind and Brew Coffeemaker
Made by one of the most trusted brands of kitchen appliances, this coffee maker has a capacity of 12 cups, making it perfect even for a large household.
The thermal carafe comes with double walled insulation, making sure that your coffee will stay hot and fresh for extended period.
The bean hopper of this model has a capacity of 8 ounces, preventing the need to have it refilled often.
One nice feature of the hopper is that it has a sealed construction, which will prevent the penetration of moisture.
There are several features that will ensure the ease of use of this unit.
For instance, there is a user-friendly control that will allow you to choose the number of cups that can be made in one brewing. You can choose from two to 12 cups.
It also has auto-brew, auto-shutoff, and programmable features.
Using this model will also allow you to easily choose the size of the coffee as it grinds the beans, as well as the strength of the drink.
The permanent charcoal filter is also worth mentioning.
This ensures the freshness of your beverage by removing the impurities that are present in the water used for brewing.
#2 Hamilton Beach 49980A 2-Way Coffee Maker
The steep price of this product may give you hesitations in choosing it over its cheaper counterparts.
Nonetheless, as noted by its previous users, the price can be justified by its features and performance. It can be used even for commercial purposes.
It is semi-automatic, which means that it will require quite an effort compared to the automatic coffee makers. If you have always dreamed of being a barista, this is for you.
It offers flexibility in the sense that you will have the ability to customize your drinks.
One thing that makes this a tech-advanced model is the thermocoil heating system.
The latter is composed of two parts: a block made of cast aluminum and a tube made of stainless steel. This speeds up the heating time.
With the built-in conical grinder, on the other hands, you can tweak the size and dose of the grind as preferred.
You can choose from 19 to 22 grams of coffee, depending on how full you want the flavor to be.
Meanwhile, with the Precise PID Temperature Control, it has the ability to automatically detect the ideal temperature and prevents fluctuations.
Lastly, it has a 9-bar low pressure and it also utilizes a pre-infusion mechanism to provide the best crema for your espresso shot.
#3 Cuisinart DGB-650BCGrind and Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
With this coffee maker, you will be able to make 10 cups of coffee at a time. You can also use it even when brewing only a single cup.
Essentially, this is a smaller version of the DGB-900BC, which has been earlier mentioned.
To make it convenient, there is a programmable timer. You can set it at up to 24 hours in advance.
When you sleep at night, you can already program it to brew coffee when you wake up in the morning, making sure that a caffeine fix is ready as you open your eyes!
To ensure the best quality of the drink that is made by the machine, it is fitted with a permanent commercial-style gold tone coffee filter and charcoal water filter.
These two features will ensure that the drink will be as pure as it can be, free of contaminants that will negatively affect the taste of your drink.
More so, while it comes with a built-in grinder, there is a grinder off feature, which will come handy if you would rather use pre-ground coffee.
#4 DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso
If you do not mind splurging for a high-quality machine that can make a coffee or espresso, this is one product that deserves your attention.
Despite being expensive, it is not that complicated to use. It has push button control panel with customizable settings. There is also a rotary dial for choosing the brew settings.
Plus, there is a Direct to Brew technology, which has been exclusively developed by the manufacturer. This automates the process of grinding the coffee beans. The burr grinder has adjustable settings that you can personalize. There is also a separate chamber if you opt to use pre-ground coffee instead.
You also do not need to wait long before your drink is ready. One thing that makes this possible is the Rapid Cappuccino System that allows the unit to retain the ideal temperature.
As a bonus, there is a manual frother that is included when you purchase this product. This allows you to make a rich and creamy froth that adds texture to your coffee-based drinks.
#5 Cuisinart DGB-550BK Automatic Coffee Grinder
This is one of the perfect choices for those who are looking for an affordable coffee maker that comes with a built-in grinder.
Despite being cheap, it already comes with a 12-cup capacity, with the option to also make one to four cups at a time.
It is fully-programmable, providing you with the ability to customize every brew depending on your personal preferences.
There is a brew and pause feature so that you can enjoy your coffee while it is still brewing. You can also program the brewing up to 24 hours in advance.
One of the biggest differences with the other Cuisinart models is with the carafe. Instead of a thermal carafe, it is made of glass.
Nonetheless, there is no need to worry as the glass is also durable.
You can also easily monitor how much coffee is remaining in the carafe because it is made of a transparent material.
The carafe is also designed with an ergonomic handle, making it easy to pour coffee in your cup.
#6 Capresso 465 CoffeeTeam with Conical Burr Grinder
Grinding whole beans and making your favorite coffee will be almost effortless with the use of this automatic drip coffee maker.
It comes with a burr grinder, which is beneficial in imparting minimal heat and preserving the flavor of the coffee. This type of grinder is better than a blade grinder.
While the maximum capacity of this coffee grinder is ten cups, you can also have it programmed to make two, four, or eight cups at a time.
The thermal carafe, on the other hand, is made of high-quality stainless steel. With this, you can expect that the temperature will be retained.
The bean hopper has a capacity of up to six ounces when it is full. On average, this capacity will be more than enough for brewing up to 20 cups of coffee.
To be user-friendly, there is a small LED display that is strategically positioned at the top front part of the coffee maker. This displays the grind, time, and brew settings.
#7 Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker
If you want a cheaper alternative to the model from Breville that has been mentioned earlier, you should pick this product.
Nonetheless, take note that it makes only coffee and not espresso.
There are plenty of options to customize your drink with the use of this product. For instance, you can choose from the eight brew settings that are available.
You can also brew coffee from two to twelve cups.
One of the most notable features that you can find in this model is the Grind Control technology.
The latter has been developed by the manufacturer to provide you with more freedom in having it controlled.
It can be adjusted and calibrated not only based on the size of the grind but also the volume of the coffee that you intend to brew.
The built-in grinder that you can find in this model is made of stainless steel burr.
More than just being durable, it also helps to capture the essential oils from the beans that you are using to ensure the best in terms of flavor and aroma.
#8 Gourmia GCM4500 Coffee Maker with Built-in Grinder
Most automatic coffee makers may be convenient and quick, but most of the time, flavor can be compromised.
Thankfully, such will not be the case when you choose this model. It guarantees a good-tasting coffee in every brew.
Similar to the other models that are mentioned in this guide, it also offers a variety of options for programmability, putting you in complete control with regards to the drink that is made.
You can also program it up to 24 hours in advance so that coffee is ready when you wake up.
With the digital display, meanwhile, it will be easy for you to monitor the settings that you input, such as the time.
The grinder is positioned at the top of the unit, which is easy to put on and off. The carafe, on the other hand, can hold a maximum of ten cups.
It is made of glass, which allows you to easily monitor how much coffee is left.
#9 Black and Decker CM500B Coffee Maker
Although this is made by one of the most reputable brands on the market, there is no need to worry about its price.
In fact, it is one of the most affordable from the products that are briefly reviewed in this guide.
Despite the cheap price, it has a performance that is comparable to its more expensive counterparts.
It provides a streamlined process for grinding and brewing, which makes it almost effortless to use.
You will also have the option to use either whole beans or pre-ground coffee.
The quick-touch programming is one thing that makes this coffee maker user-friendly. You can also program it up to 24 hours in advance.
You can brew coffee automatically and there is also an automatic shut off feature, so there is no need to worry if you have accidentally left it turned on.
There is also a sneak a cup feature. Simply put, this means that you can pause the brewing process to enjoy a cup of fresh coffee before the end of the brewing.
#10 KRUPS Grind & Brew Coffee Maker with Built-in Grinder
With the use of this coffee maker, you can make ten cups at a time. However, if you want a single serve coffee maker, this is not for you. The minimum that it can make would be two cups at a time.
The conical grinder that is incorporated in this unit will also offer a degree of personalization. You can choose from fine to coarse depending on the drink that you wish to make.
It is not only the grinds that can be customized. It also offers the option to personalize the strength of every brew. You can choose from mild, medium, or strong.
If you hate your coffee getting cold, you have another good reason to have it chosen over other models. It can keep your drink hot for up to two hours, so there is no need to rush drinking!
The intuitive control panel is also worth highlighting, which requires minimal effort to use this coffee maker. It has an LCD screen and sleek buttons that are in strategic positions.
Coffee Maker with Grinder: The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Why You Should Get a Coffee Machine with Grinder
A coffee maker with grinder might be more expensive compared to others without a grinder.
Is it worth your money?
If you ask us, we would say YES!
The grinder is an add-on feature that can prove to be beneficial in more ways than one.
Benefits of Using Coffee Maker with Built-in Grinder
A grind-and-brew coffee maker offers several benefits compared to a brew only system, including the following:
- Convenience: Traditionally, you have to grind the beans using a different tool and brew it in a machine with the sole purpose of brewing coffee. With a grind-and-brew coffee maker, on the other hand, you can conveniently do two things with the use of a single equipment
- Control: You will also enjoy a higher degree of control, allowing you to prepare drinks that are customized based on your preferences. You can choose the size of the grinds and the strength of the brew. You can create your own blend!
- Improved Taste and Flavor: Whether it is for home or office, a coffee maker with a grinder is also great in terms of ensuring a better taste and fuller flavor. Using stale pre-ground coffee can result in a drink with an inferior taste. On the other hand, if the beans are freshly ground, the flavor and the aroma will surely be better.
- Value for Money: Because a coffee maker with grinder combines two functions in one, it can also provide the best bang for the buck. You do not have to purchase two separate equipment.
- Save Time and Energy: You do not have to grind the beans using a separate tool and brew your drink using another equipment. Things will be quicker and lesser energy will be required on your end when they are done using only one machine.
- Automatic Settings: In line with saving time and energy, you can also have options for automatic and pre-programmed settings. Unlike manual pour over coffee maker or a traditional French Press, a grind and brew coffee maker can function as if it has a mind of its own.
Is There Any Drawback?
Truth be told, there is no significant drawback in buying a coffee maker with grinder.
There are some people, however, who can find them quite bulky because they already have two tools in one equipment.
Nonetheless, many manufacturers have found a way to make their products compact, perfect for space limitations.
Another issue is that when the grinder becomes problematic, you might not be able to use the machine as there is no way to supply the coffee that is needed.
A good remedy to this situation is to buy one that provides you with the opportunity to use pre-ground coffee.
Types of Coffee Grinders
As you try to choose a coffee maker that comes with a grinder, one of the first things that should be taken into account is the type of grinder that is used.
Basically, you will be confronted with two options:
Although burr grinders can be expensive, they are the preferred choice amongst coffee aficionados.
The best benefit is that it grinds the beans in uniform sizes.
Because of this, the flavor ends up being more balanced. The grinds will be of the same sizes, which will be beneficial in achieving improved consistency of your drink.
Compared to the other type of a grinder, burr coffee grinders are also more durable. Even through the years, you can expect that it will deliver superior functionality.
Another benefit is that you can adjust the size of the grinds as preferred, providing the ability to customize every brew. Whether you like it coarse or fine, you will be able to adjust it as needed.
You will have two main options if you decide to go for a burr grinder. With a conical burr grinder, there are cone-shaped rings that are positioned with one inside the other. Meanwhile, with a flat burr grinder, there are discs that are designed with burrs in between.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly alternative, this is a better option as most of the models within this category are cheaper compared to the burr grinders.
However, the biggest problem with this is that it does not actually grind your beans. At the bottom of the chamber, you can see a double-pronged blade.
The latter spins at a rapid pace to chop the beans upon making contact. The beans will be blasted into different sizes. The problem is that they are not uniform.
With this type of coffee grinder, you have to grind longer for it to be finer.
The beans are chopped into smaller pieces the longer the blade spins. One thing that you should do is to grind in spurts, which will make it end up being more uniform.
In sum, between the two types, there is no doubt that the burr grinder is the better option despite being the more expensive choice.
Essential Considerations When Buying a Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
As you try to reach a decision with regards to which one to buy, it is also important to consider the following:
- Grinder Type: As it has been mentioned earlier, there are two types. If you want one that is affordable, go for one with a blade grinder. On the other hand, burr grinders are generally better because of uniformity.
- Coffee Strength: You should also pick one that offers multiple options for the brew strength – low, medium, or strong. This provides you with the opportunity to choose the desired strength based on personal preferences.
- Carafe: Most of the carafes are made of steel and glass. Glass can be fragile. It is good because it is transparent, allowing you to easily monitor how much coffee is left. Steel carafes, on the other hand, are usually double-wall insulated, making it possible to retain the temperature of the coffee even after an extended period. Your coffee can remain hot after several hours.
- Filter: A charcoal water filter will help to get rid of the contaminants that are present in water for a cleaner coffee taste. Meanwhile, a gold tone coffee filter is also essential for the highest quality of your caffeine fix. Both water and coffee filters are important considerations.
- Capacity: If you live in a large household or office, choose one that comes with a 10 to 12-cup settings. It will also be good if you have the option to brew only one to four cups at a time.
- Size: If you live in a small place, such as a tiny apartment, it will be best to choose a small coffee maker with grinder so that it will be space-efficient.
- Auto Start / Off: This is one of the features that can come handy when it comes to convenience. You can set the timer to start at any pre-set time. Some can be programmed 24 hours in advance, making sure that your coffee is ready when you wake up. An automatic shut off feature is also great for the times you forget to manually turn off the coffee maker
- Grind Off: There are times when you might want to use pre-ground coffee instead of whole beans. If such is the case, choose one with the option to turn off the grind feature and use pre-ground coffee instead.
- Ease of Use: It is also important to have user-friendly features that will make the machine effortless to use. The buttons should be strategically positioned. It will also be good to have a LED or LCD display to easily monitor the process of brewing.
In sum, if you are searching for the best grind and brew coffee maker, keep an eye on the ten products that have been mentioned above.
From quality to performance, they are guaranteed to be exceptional picks.
With the use of a coffee maker with grinder, there is no need to make things complicated.
You will enjoy a dual-purpose product for effortless preparation of your caffeine fix.
You can brew beans on your own and enjoy its programmability options to personalize your drink!
July 4, 2019
Having it black means not adding cream, sugar, or whatever else your taste buds can’t get enough of. It doesn’t necessarily point in the direction …
May 7, 2019
When something messes with the aroma and flavor of tasty coffee, you just want to get rid of that problem. Foul, flavorless, or stale coffee …
August 22, 2019
Note: Our comparison table only shows our top 3 picks. You can find the other recommendations within this article. Cravings come calling no matter the season …